A kaleidoscope is an optical toy invented in 1817. It uses mirrors and coloured glass to create patters.
Build an online version for yourself using toys from the museum.
* Choose a toy and drag it onto the white circle. You can add as many toys as you like.
* Try increasing the number of reflections using the slider at the botton.
* Change the colour of the toys by moving the slider at the top.
* Change the background colour using the slider on the top left.
* Create a new pattern by clicking the shake botton.
If you liked your kaleidoscope you cand send it to your friends.
6 hours ago